Creekside Administrative Assistant
2742 82nd Place
Urbandale, IA 50322
Provide administrative assistance and organizational guidance in the daily operations of Creekside Church in collaboration with the pastoral staff and deacons.
• A committed follower of Jesus who embraces our core beliefs.
• Self starter with a servant’s heart
• Good people skills and a team player
• Computer proficiency with ability in or willingness to learn ProPresenter, Excel, Word, etc.
• Able to handle personal/private information discretely & confidentially
• Previous office administration/management experience
• Membership/regular attendance at Creekside is ideal but certainly not required
• Familiar with basic sound board operations/willing to learn.
• Assist Pastor in administrative responsibilities
• Assist in scheduling appointments/meetings for pastor
• Create sermon outline and develop ProPresenter slide show of sermon
• Maintain Church calendars
• Maintain building-use master calendar
• Answer general-use building questions (includes emails throughout the week)
• Coordinate with various outside groups for building use (Preschool, funeral homes, various events)
• Research and provide recommendations to deacons for outsourced services such as copier contracts, lawn care, church cleaning, chair cleaning, phone/internet provider, etc.
• Answer phone, screen calls, collect voice-mail, forward to appropriate areas
• Handle walk-ins
• Filter physical mail and forward to appropriate areas
• Handle correspondence as requested by the pastor
• Maintain newcomers list (Pastor to do actual follow-up)
• Assist with volunteer communications as needed
• Set up for minor displays in the entry—collections/donations, lost and found.
• Organization and cleaning of offices and office restrooms, meeting room, entryway, filing cabinets, and sanctuary including set up lobby prior to Sunday and tear down the next work day
• Create and print weekly bulletins and assist with other printing and copying (handouts, name-tags, “Get to Know Us” handouts, etc) as requested
• Manage copier use, maintenance, and supplies
• Work alongside Creekside Preschool
• Facilitate partnership with Arbordale and coordinate various mutual activities including “Little Free Pantry”
• Other duties as requested by the Pastor and/or Deacons
• Hourly pay starting at $12-$13 dependent upon education and experience with review at 90 days
• Report to Pastor
• First review at 90 days, then annually with pastor and an Elder and/or Deacon
• Approx. 15 hours per week initially, re-evaluated as needed
• Ideally, this would be 3-4 hours on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and 5 hours on Friday