Camp Vera is a one week day camp for immigrant children. The day begins with swim lessons at Birdland Pool in Des Moines. After swim lessons, children are taken to Creekside where lunch is served before a Bible lesson and other activities begin. We can serve up to 30 children ages 6 to 14.
Our goal is to help the immigrant children God has placed in our midst learn more about Him in addition to learning how to swim.
We already have some folks interested, but need more help:
1. Please pray for volunteers, and that the children and their families will be blessed through this ministry.
2. Pick children up at their home, drive them to swim lessons, back to church for lunch/afternoon activities, and back home again.
3. Work in the kitchen to prepare and serve meals.
4. Group leaders/teacher. Plan and lead an activity (craft project, game time, song time, Bible lesson).
5. Volunteers to help with activities for one day, two days, or the entire week
6. Donations needed: Food for lunches/snacks, Money/supplies for craft time
Contact Marge McKeever for more information.